Monday, February 8, 2010

Where did the time go?

Please bare with me, I'm feeling a little nostalgic today.  Last night we were at my brother & sister-in-law's house for the super bowl.  She has always been real good at putting pics up on the walls of our families.  I saw a pic of my 5 year old when he was barely 2 hanging up.  I almost didn't recognize him myself!  He looked so small.  Sometimes I almost forget how quickly they grow.  Then I look at my 3 year old and I think about how quickly he has gotten big.  Now here I am about to have another baby.  I know that she will be born and in just a few years I will be saying the same things about her.  I feel like I have cherished these years as much as I know how, but somehow I wish it were possible to remember everything about my little ones; the cute little things they say, the way they look when they are mad, happy, or sad, and how their little hands feel as they touch my cheek.  I get so frustrated with them sometimes when they demand so much of my time and energy.  I pray that the Lord will remind me time and time again that they won't always want or need me like they do now.  They will soon be too cool (and big) to sit in my lap.  Someday they won't look to me for all the answers.  They won't depend on me to get them dressed and make their food.  These years are so short.  I hope I never loose sight of that.

 
Joseph at age 3 
Nathan at 10 months                                                                                 


1 comment:

  1. Yes, Haley- you hit the nail on the head with this one. Imagine MY surprise, when I clicked on this link and the enlarged picture revealed that I was looking at a picture of Joey, and not YOU... I thought the thumbprint pic was YOU!! So your words REALLY hit home with me. And I love you so much- you have been everything that a mother could hope for in a daughter, and so much more. Thank you- Mom

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails